Family Film Sunday: Revolting Rhymes Part 1 + 2
Sunday Nov 19 11:10 AM
Sunday Nov 19 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Jan Lachauer and Jakob Schuh. 2017. UK. 58 min.
Free admission. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Based on the much-loved children’s book written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake, Revolting Rhymes takes classic fairy tales like Little Red Riding Hood, then mixes them together and serves them with a mischievous twist.
The first film sees young Snow White and Red Riding Hood become lifelong friends as Snow White takes on the might of the wicked Queen, while Red is called home to deal with a pair of hungry wolves—one who’s eaten her grandma and dressed in her clothes, while the other can’t help himself from eating some unsuspecting pigs. In the second film Jack grows up with his heart set on next-door neighbor Cindy. She has her eye turned by the eligible prince at the ball, and Jack gets distracted by a giant beanstalk at the bottom of his garden. Will they find true love?
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence